The Cabin is looking for your help!
Volunteering for the Cabin has several benefits:
- Gain work experience and life experience to enhance your employability and prospects
- Enhance your CV & gain transferable job skills
- Engage with the community and contribute as active citizens
- Make professional contacts and an opportunity to network
- Our Volunteer Roles fit around study commitments
- 78% of our volunteers go onto find work or go into Higher Education.
- Our volunteers have found jobs working as Teachers, civil servants, Trainee Solicitors, working for Barclaycard or even joining our own organization on a paid basis
We will train you in all aspects of advice giving, you will be making a difference in our clients’ well-being and adding a great experience to Your CV. Volunteer Advisers gain a Certificate in Generalist Advice from the Citizen’s Advice Bureau at the end of the training. You will be responsible for:
- Responding to clients’ concerns – listening to the client and let the client explain the problem. Help the client to clarify the issues by exploring the problem and asking questions and importantly diagnose the problem.
- Giving information – use AdviserNet (an Online Resource) and other resources to find out the correct information
- Relay the information – Explain the information to the client, send out necessary leaflets, booklets etc. Ascertain the client’s ability to deal and act on the information independently.
- Record the case – make a record of the client’s details and advice given to the client, so that further advice can be given or accessed should the client call back Citizen Advice Direct
Are you studying Economics, Sociology, Social Policy, Politics, Marketing, Media, Industrial Relations or Law?
Then get involved in Social Policy! We are looking for energetic and motivated Social Policy Volunteers. We want people who willing to work hard to bring attention to the issues affecting local people Stockton-on-Tees and TeesValley.
- Writing articles and publishing them online or in print
- Researching relevant Social Policy Issues
- Monitoring Legislative and Political action affecting our client base
- Creating informational materials for clients and stakeholders
- Contacting TV and Radio organisations
- Organising local community action and campaigns
- Keep our Facebook and Twitter accounts up to date
- To provide advice on updating our website on a regular basis.
- Post current and relevant material on our Twitter Account
If you are interested in any of these positions please contact us at the Cabin at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning us at 01642 615834.